Entries for The Giant’s Cup 2018 will open on 15th August 2017 at 09h00. Only 100 entries will be made available.
There are 2 entry packages:
Full Package – includes 3 Nights hotel accommodation on a room sharing basis and 6 meals (dinners / breakfasts) in the three hotels en-route including the awards dinner on the Saturday night
Runners Package – only includes dinner on Thursday night after registration and the awards dinner on Saturday night, NO accommodation is included
PLEASE NOTE: The Runners Package will only be available from 15th September should any of the 100 entries still be available.
Both the packages also include:
– 2 Healthy lunches at the finish of each day.
– Quality garment(s) from our apparel partner The North Face.
– A bespoke panorama of the Berg along the Giant’s Cup Trail, hand-sketched by local author and general mountain man Dr Tod Collins.
– Pre dinner entertainment / presentations at the hotels on the Friday and Saturday nights.
– An afternoon of cheese and wine tasting on the Saturday afternoon after the finish of the race.
– Nutrition at the checkpoints along the route.
– Sweeping and support along the trail.
– Access to full medical support during the event and an evacuation plan overseen by EKZNW that includes horses and a helicopter if required.
– R500 from each entrant will be donated to EKZNW and these funds will be ring-fenced and used on local projects within the Giant’s Cup biosphere.
– Further donations will be made to the local branch of the Honorary Officers.
– Best of all … a fully supported event along a 62km trail in a World Heritage Site
Runners will be able to register for the event using a South African ID Number or an International Passport Number, and must be 18-years of age to register.
Once entries are full you may register on the waiting list. If entries become available due to cancellation the waiting list will be used on a first come first served basis. The next person on the waiting list will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to accept their entry otherwise they will be removed from the waiting list and the next in line will be contacted.
Full payment is required on entry. Email confirmations will be sent on completion of the on-line entry form with details of how to make payment. Payments can only be made via EFT or bank deposit.
Please note: payment needs to be received within 72 hours to secure the entry. If no payment is received the entry will be cancelled and you will be notified as such. You will then need to restart the entry process if you wish to enter, providing entries are still available. Only once a participant has paid in full will they have a confirmed spot in the event.
Substitutions can be made but it is the withdrawing participants responsibility to find a substitution and not that of the event organisers.
– A fee of R200 will be charged for all substitutions and apparel gender / size changes will only be made if stock is available.
– After 6th April 2018 no apparel changes will be possible.
– Substitutions will be accepted up until 4th May 2018.
To request a substitution please contact us at email@example.com
The Giant’s Cup will refund 90% of the entry fee if an entry is cancelled on or before 6th April 2018.
To request a cancellation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under no circumstances may someone take part under another athlete’s name, proof of identification will be required at registration.