Entries for The Giant’s Cup 2017 will open on 10th October 2016 at 09h00. Only 100 entries will be made available.
The entry fee for The Giant’s Cup 2017 is R5850
Runners will be able to register for the event using a South African ID Number or an International Passport Number, and must be 18-years of age to register.
– 3 Nights hotel accommodation on a room sharing basis in the three hotels en-route.
– 6 Dinners and breakfasts in the three hotels en-route including an awards dinner on the Saturday night.
– 2 Health lunches and freshly prepared smoothies at the finish of each day.
– Quality garment(s) from our apparel partner The North Face.
– A bespoke panorama of the Berg along the Giant’s Cup Trail, hand-sketched by local author and general mountain man Dr Tod Collins, to all finishers.
– After dinner entertainment / presentations at the hotels on the Friday and Saturday nights.
– Full access to the three hotel’s facilities including bars, entertainment areas, spas etc.
– An afternoon of cheese and wine tasting on the Saturday afternoon after the finish of the race.
– Nutrition at the various checkpoints along the route.
– Sweeping and support along the trail.
– Access to full medical support during the event and an evacuation plan overseen by EKZNW that includes horses and a helicopter if required.
– R500 from each entrant will be donated to EKZNW and these funds will be ring-fenced and used on local projects within the Giant’s Cup biosphere.
– Further donations will be made to the Endangered Wildlife Trust as well as the local branch of the Honorary Officers.
– Best of all … a fully supported event along a 62km trail in a World Heritage Site
From Monday 3rd October 2016 entries will be available to all Giant’s Cup 2016 participants. All Giant’s Cup 2016 participants will receive an email with a ‘preferential’ entry link. Preferential entries must be accepted before 10th October 2016.
From Monday 10th October at 09h00 entries will be available to all on a first come first served basis.
Once entries are full you may register on the waiting list. If entries become available due to cancellation the waiting list will be used on a first come first served basis. The next person on the waiting list will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to accept their entry otherwise they will be removed from the waiting list and the next in line will be contacted.
Full payment is required on entry. Email confirmations will be sent on completion of the on-line entry form with details of how to make payment. Payments can only be made via EFT or bank deposit.
Please note: payment needs to be received within 48 hours to secure the entry. If no payment is received the entry will be cancelled and you will be notified as such. You will then need to restart the entry process if you wish to enter, providing entries are still available. Only once a participant has paid in full will they have a confirmed spot in the event.
Substitutions can be made but it is the withdrawing participants responsibility to find a substitution and not that of the event organisers.
– A fee of R200 will be charged for all substitutions and apparel size changes will only be made if stock is available.
– After 7th April 2017 – no apparel size changes will be possible.
– Substitutions will be accepted up until 5th May 2017.
To request a substitution please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Giant’s Cup will refund 90% of the entry fee if an entry is cancelled on or before 7th April 2017. Entries must be cancelled in writing.
After 7th April 2017 The Giant’s Cup will only refund 90% of the entry fee if we can replace an entry with someone from the waiting list.
Refunds will only be made after the event unless otherwise specified.
Under no circumstances may someone take part under another athlete’s name, proof of identification will be required at registration.